Barbara's held a strong background in Ballet, Psychology, Ecopsychology. and dance of awareness.
She also worked many years with young adults with autism and learning disabilities on sensorial stimulation and creative projects.
She founded " Dance Between Worlds:, her aim is to touch people through movement/dance creating space for connecting, embodiment, and awakening our body’s capacity to self-healing.
DANCE BETWEEN WORLDS approach:
DBW non-verbal practice that allows the body to release blocked emotions, trauma, frustrations and lower energies while making space for joy, happiness, contentment, lightness, playfulness and spontaneity.
Free movement can also help express and bring to surface symbolic and deep aspects of the personality stored into the most hidden and unconscious parts and mechanism of the self, likewise new ways of being.
Barbara's approach is influenced by Dance of Awareness cycle:
- Sensing the body directly focusing on the physical sensations of flesh, muscle and bones.
- Grounding our bodies in connection to the Earth, receiving support.
- Expressing the shapes, patterns and movements that are ready to take form.
- Releasing the energy that is ready to move in the body.
- Connecting deeper into ourselves and outwards with others and the world.
- Completing the journey and returning to our true nature.